Having trouble attracting and keeping the attention of possible romantic interests?
While there are no true magic love potions, pheromones may be able to help you out by giving you a window of opportunity. The right pheromones could help attract initial attention and hold it long enough for you to make a genuine love connection.
What Are Pheromones?
Pheromones are chemicals that animals (including us human animals) produce. They act like invisible smoke signals, sending messages to those around us. They do have an odor, but it is not consciously detectable by the nose – pheromones are sly that way.
Instead, pheromones target the vomeronasal organ (VNO), which accesses the system of the brain known to be the “seat of emotions.” So, these chemicals function as emotional controls and signals that help influence social, including sexual, behavior of those around us of the same species.
A detail that does often cause confusion – pheromones are indeed hormones.
However, because they act outside of a person’s body to influence those around them, rather than acting inside of their own body, they are considered “ectohormones.” The term pheromone, derived from Greek roots, basically means something that carries a hormone away.
Pheromones are excreted through the hair, skin, and saliva of animals, become airborne, and carry signals to the vomeronasal organ (VNO) of those around them. However, because the human VNO appears to function differently than other animals, some scientists suspect or completely disbelieve that pheromones play a significant role in human social and sexual interaction.
Yet studies do seem to indicate that pheromones to effect human behavior. Scientists are just still trying to figure out why exactly.
But for our purposes, the question of why they work is of no importance. It’s about how they work and how we might be able to use them to help make a love connection.
What’s Love Got to Do with It?
Most folks understand that hormones play a significant role in love of all types, even love between friends and family. The emotional aspect of love relies heavily on hormones sending signals to the brain to create these emotions.
Understanding how hormones work to help spark, develop, and maintain romantic love in particular, can help us understand how pheromones might help us out.
Most of us have experienced that initial “falling in love” feeling. Fast-beating heart, sweaty palms, inability to think about anything else.
Well, here are some of the little friendly hormones that help create and solidify those experiences:
- Dopamine – this is a feel-good, addictive type of hormone. It makes you feel happy and want to keep coming back for more. When you are initially attracted to someone, your body gives you a dose of dopamine every time you are around that person.
- Epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine – these are the hormones responsible for the shaky knees and jitters. They are what makes the initial attraction and “fall” so exciting and keep you seeking out the desired person’s presence.
- Suppressed Serotonin – serotonin, while indeed known for its feel-good consequences, actually creates such a state of calm and confidence, that it would hinder obsessive, jittery “falling in love” feelings. So, your body actually shuts it down a bit to encourage your indiscriminate pursuit of your new love interest.
The combined effect of these hormones and chemical reactions triggers the amygdala part of your brain, responsible for sound reason and judgment, to take a vacation. Your body actually suppresses your ability to make sound judgment about your person of interest.
Your body programs your brain to shut down your critical thinking so that you can idealize a potential partner, increasing the likelihood of succeeding with that person.
The right pheromones can help tap into some of these hormone reactions in those around us and temporarily create versions of these emotions to give us a chance to make a real, lasting connection.
But after the initial excitement of falling in love, hormones are still at work to create lasting, deepening attachment. These hormones are:
Oxytocin is often known as the “bond” or “love” hormone. It releases at simple touch, such as hugging and caressing, and during and post orgasm in love making. The closer two people grow, physically and emotionally, the more oxytocin is released at touch to reward and intensify the bond. The hormone creates feelings of calm, security, and contentment.
While these bonding, calming, feel good hormones start pouring in to encourage deeper attachment, they do actually cause the exciting initial hormones to simmer down.
But that’s good – it means a steady, healthy, and deeper relationship and love can develop. Basically, it’s our body’s way of ensuring we hone in and bond with one individual and make the relationship a successful one.
As with the first phase of romantic love, there are pheromones that can encourage the hormones and feelings associated with this steadier, deepening phase as well.
How to Harness the Power of Pheromones
Now, the truth is – there are no real “love” pheromones. In other words, you won’t find a magic love pheromone solution that uncontrollably draws and connects someone with you.
However, there are pheromones that can help the process by enhancing the naturally produced feelings that lead to romance. Use of the right pheromones can help with the spark, help to maintain, and help amplify romantic feelings that are forming between two people.
Here are a few you should consider utilizing depending on your stage in the game:
- Androsterone: triggers a trustworthy vibe. Especially important and powerful on women, who naturally seek out someone who feels reliable and therefore safe.
- Androstadienone: tested and proven to create a strong feeing of comfortableness in the wearers presence. Over long exposure, can even create an actual longing to be near the wearer. This is probably the most potent on the list and is great if you want to attract a woman.
- Androstenone/androstAnone: this pheromone signals high levels of testosterone and triggers a perception of alpha. It can be potent in sparking that initial sexual attraction, which can significantly help give you the chance to start an actual relationship with someone, since the attraction will draw them to you.
- Androstenetrione: this pheromone does seem to work a bit of magic by impacting visual perception. For whatever reason, the influence of this pheromone causes you to appear more visually attractive.
Just remember, every woman is different. Different personality types will be drawn to each differently. Some women, for instance, can’t resist an alpha male (Androstenone), while other women can’t stand it. As stated before, these aren’t magic. They might just be able to help a guy out a bit, especially to get his initial opportunity to make a positive impression.
However, if you get the opportunity to learn more about a specific woman of interest, you may discover what she is attracted to, and may be able to find a pheromone to help your relationship along.
There are lots of different pheromones out there that both men and women can use to help create opportunities or enhance the romance process. Be sure to explore and find the one right for where you are at in the game. Check out my homepage for my top recommendations!